We have a US consultancy working on a large highway project in Afghanistan as part of the rehabilitation of the country and they are currently looking for a highly experienced highway engineer. Here is some information on the project and requirements:
Project Financed by the : ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK (ADB)
The Project aims to upgrade a 233 kilometre section of the Ring Road between Andkhoy and Herat. The civil works include :
i) reconstructing 70km and rehabilitating 20 km of road section from Gormach (Km 323) to Baia Murghab (km 253) ,and
ii) reconstructing 143 km of road section from Baia Murgab to Leman.
The work will be carried out under a single design – and- build civil works contract by a Contractor selected through international competitive bidding (ICB). The Project also includes a community outreach program to be designed and implemented by the civil works Contractor.
Expected Input about 4 years starting asap.
Site Base : Qala-e-Now (Badghis Province) Afghanistan
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in Civil engineering preferably with multiple postgraduate degree(s) in road engineering
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications
- Minimum 20 years of experience in road construction Supervision
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary and multinational teams for at least 3 such assignments
- Shall be familiar with ADB regulations, requirements and practice.
- Experience in similar countries is preferable.
The Team Leader must have a proven track record of successfully completing assignments of a similar nature including hands – on experience in maintaining records, advising with the day–to-day coordination of works, supervising and certifying construction in accordance with contract conditions , preparing various project reports and coordinating the review and update of designs and cost estimates as required.
The company offers possibilities of career development within a dynamic working environment