QA/QC & HSE Engineer – Turbine Components Repair Facility
The RoleThe Role
Our client is a one of the leading power services solution provider for Power, Water , Oil and Gas industrial sectors. . They have been in business for over 15 years and has worked in area “Repair, Refurbishment, Overhaul and Consulting services of gas turbines, stream turbines, generators, boilers, environmental equipment and balance of plant”.
The Quality Assurance/Quality Control & EHS Engr : Is responsible for the Engineering Documentation Management, Shop Process Quality Control ; Control of purchased parts/ materials ; Facilitates the EHS requirements within the shop premise; Releasing of project related documents to satisfy the customer requirements. May need to attend customer calls on product quality delivered. To Perform periodic Internal Audits to address continual improvements and to sustain ISO certification.
- Shall effectively create and maintain the shop related QA/QC&EHS related works/documentations/database.
- Shall maintain data base on projects accomplished, in order to support warranty claims.
- Assist in preparing reports in line with Q&PPI and Finance & Controls requirements.
- In the absence of shop manager, shall perform administrative control on shop related activity.
- Shall conduct, if required Q& EHS related training as required by the Organization.
Technology& Products( Engg.Support):
- Ensure the entire product configuration related docs shall compliance with Technical partner Engg. Specification and compliance with the International Standard and Conformance with the Customer Scope of work & Standards.
- Shall develop, shop related process engineering controls, docs and ensure its implementation.
- Ensure appropriate product information (routers) and shop floor sketches are made available prior to execution of the repair work dully authorized by Manager QA and Shop Manager.
- Shall act as a technical support for Sales & Shop in clarifying the technical quires form the customer / internal process development.
- Along with Shop Manager, ensures appropriate development and training of all shop staffs and employees based on training need analysis.
- Shall lead the customer component inspection IIR&IFR review and clarify the comments.
- Ensure shop EHS, and report on the non-conformances.
Incoming Materials Controls:
- Ensure the material request generated by shop, are dully authorized on specification, prior to forwarding to Supply chain Department.
- Shall perform in coming inspection and strictly control the purchased parts / materials.
- All the outsourcing services, which are deemed as special process should ensure the suppliers are ISO 9001 certified and are listed by customer as approved suppliers. If required shall perform, supplier premises audit to ensure the compliances to the standard practices.
- Shall report on the status of purchased parts / materials on monthly basis.
- Assist in the selection/ recommendation on suppliers to enhance product offering.
- Shall actively participate in quality and process continual improvement activities.
- On periodic basis forward the quality reports related to product management system, process incidents, COPQ, CTC and training.
Quality Management System;
Ensures the shop QMS Compliant with ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 through regularly conducting Internal Audits in orderto maintain the QMS.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related fields plus a minimum of 5 years hands-on experience required.
Experience/Qualifications: Graduate Mechanical Engineer having minimum 5 years experience in Rotating equipment repair shop, Certified ISO certification minimum IA , certification in welding inspection and NDT certifications minimum LPT . Plus if directly worked with OEM’s like GE, SIEMENS and ALSTOM or MHI and Safety certification. 4-year degree in Engineering with OEM training or approved third party training is a must.
Transferable Iqama is a bonus