Team Leader / Project Manager
We are currently working with a client looking for the following candidate:
The candidate shall be a graduate civil engineer, or equivalent academic degree, having at least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in construction supervising of road works projects. Experience of supervision of road rehabilitation works is essential, and experience of asphalt pavement construction and cold in-place recycling works is considered to be an asset. The TL/PM will be the responsible person to assure that the Consultant’s firm, jointly, performs the duties of the Engineer under the FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction, 1st Edition 1999 for both Works Contracts, and relevant FIDIC experience is essential.
Broad international experience is required and experience in CIS countries (Commonwealth of Independent States) would be considered an asset. Experience of similar posts on at least three successful projects of similar size and complexity shall be demonstrated.
A good working knowledge of the English language is required.
The Team Leader / Project Manager shall:
– carry out the duties of the Engineer, as described in the civil works contract documents;
– manage the Engineer’s team; Section 6. Terms of Reference 132
Millennium Challenge Account – Moldova Millennium Challenge Corporation
– elaborate the programme of activities of his team;
– take care of his team’s logistics;
– check that the services are carried out in accordance with the Terms of Reference;
– verify and certify the interim and final statements of work;
– identify any risks of Contractor’s claims and report to the Employer on such risks as promptly as possible;
– identify risks for delays in the works and report to the Employer on such risks as promptly as possible;
– produce the periodic reports;
– produce the final reports;
– produce any other reports as required by the Employer;
– inspect the works during the Defects Notification Period and issue the related reports;
– advise the Employer on any issue likely to affect the financial resources, e.g. variation orders, or the scope of work;
– delegate duties as appropriate to other Key Personnel and Technical Support staff;
– be the responsible person on behalf of the Engineer to assure Contractor’s implementation of, and compliance with, the Health and Safety requirements of the contract. As such, delegate specific responsibilities to the appropriate Key
Personnel to assure Contractor’s compliance with the Occupational Health and
Safety (OH&S) Plan which is a part of the Construction Environmental and Social
Management Plan (CESMP);
– when applicable, be the person to record and send notices on implementation of penalties against the Contractor in accordance with the works contract.