Senior Construction Engineer
We are currently working with a client who has a very high profile project in Saudi Arabia and they are looking for several candidates to fill several positions of which this is one of.
Our client (OC) has been contracted by the Saudi Electricity Corporation (SEC) for the Qurayyah CCPP as their Consultant. The scope of work comprises amongst others the site supervision with a strong team of management staff, various discipline engineers, quality control staff and local inspectors. Therefore, OC works in a joint venture with Saudconsult as local partner.
The Project is the “Conversion of Qurayyah Open Cycle Power Plant to Combined Cycle Power Plant”. The open cycle power plant is in operation. The Contractor is processing with final works.
The CCPP will consist of 5 blocks; it is designed in a 3+1 configuration with 15 GE Frame 7FA gas turbines. The envisaged final generation capacity will be approximately 3.2 GWel.
The engineering phase for the steam part of the CCPP is currently in progress. Construction works started in July 2010. The proposed project completion date is early 2013.
The Contractor is a Consortium of Arabian BEMCO and DOOSAN Heavy Industries.
Due to the specific requirements in Saudi Arabia a work contract (local work contract) would be between OC’s branch Office in Dammam and the Freelance Employee. The payment will be made in Saudi Riyals. Additionally to the monthly salary accommodation in a camp (300 m distance to the site office) and transportation (personal vehicle incl. insurance also for private use) on site will be provided free of charge. The canteen on site may be used. The contract foresees six weeks of vacation per year, which can be taken in four portions of two weeks maximum duration. As an extra, OC will provide an economy class return ticket from/to KSA/home for these vacations.
Working hours are 10 hours per day and six-day week. OC total team will comprise 10 expatriate experts plus approximately 40 local experts.
– Supervision of Site activities such as delivery of material to site, erection, installation, testing and commissioning in close co-operation with and under the supervision of our client’s Site General Manager and client SEC.
– Supervision, scheduling and monitoring of project progress.
– Preparation of inspection reports, progress reports and site correspondence as well as approval of engineering documents, inspection and approval of shipments arriving at site and modifications during the construction phase.
– Factory inspection of equipment at manufacturer and factory acceptance tests.
– Approval of engineering documents and drawings.
– Participation at meetings.
– Resource scheduling and guidance of sub consultant’s inspectors.
– Management and coordination of our client’s mechanical, civil, electrical and I&C site staff (approx. 5).
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) Minimum of ten years of engineering and/or construction and project management experience in power plant projects, at least three years on Senior Engineer level.
Must have experience with GE 7FA gas turbines. Fluent English; German capabilities are advantageous
Of utmost importance for all positions besides technical skills are political tact and cultural empathy in order to form a beneficial work climate with the client’s own staff.