Site General Manager
Our client has been contracted by the Saudi Electricity Corporation (SEC) for the Qurayyah CCPP as its Consultant. The scope of work comprises amongst others the site supervision with a strong team of management staff, various discipline engineers, quality control staff and local inspectors. Therefore my client works in a joint venture with a local company as a local partner.
The Project is the “Conversion of Qurayyah Open Cycle Power Plant to Combined Cycle Power Plant”. The Open Cycle power plant is in operation. Contractor is processing with final works.
The CCPP will consist of 5 units, designed in a 3+1 configuration, with 15 GE Frame 7FA gas turbines. The envisaged final generation capacity will be approximately 3.2 GWel.
The engineering phase for the steam part of the CCPP is currently in progress.
The Contractor is the Consortium of Arabian BEMCO and DOOSAN Heavy Industries.
Due to the specific requirements in Saudi Arabia the contract (local work contract) will be made between my client’s branch Office in Dammam and the Freelance Employee. The payment will be made in Saudi Riyals. Additionally to the monthly salary accommodation in a camp (300 m distance to the site office) and transportation (personal vehicle incl. insurance) on site will be provided free of charge. Also the canteen on site may be used. The contract foresees six weeks vacation per year, which can be taken in 4 portions of two weeks maximum duration. As an extra, our client will provide an economy class return ticket from/to KSA/home for these vacations of up to 1,200 EUR.
Working hours are 10 hours per day and a six-day week.
Our total team will comprise 10 expatriate experts plus approximately 40 local experts.
– Our client’s representative at site
– Management and coordination of approximately 10 senior engineers and also local staff from the local partner (approx. 40).
– Development, implementation and control of respective procedures, work flows and documents.
– Organization of meetings.
– Quality control of all documents prepared at site.
– Co-ordination, supervision and implementation of the works on site through all phases.
– Responsible for all site correspondence.
– Client’s/Contractor’s contact person with regard to all questions concerning the site.
– Co-ordination of expenses and aspects concerning the contract and personnel with our client Project Manager.
– Responsible for the reporting of the site team.
– Responsible for administrative issues.
– Master or Bachelor degree (or equivalent)
– Minimum of ten years of engineering and/or construction and project management experience in power plant projects, at least three years on Project Manager Level.
– Fluent English, German capabilities are advantageous
– Of utmost importance for the position besides technical skills are political tact and cultural empathy in order to form a beneficial work climate with the client’s own staff.