Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our client has been contracted by the Saudi Electricity Corporation (SEC) for the Qurayyah CCPP as its Consultant. The scope of work comprises amongst others the site supervision with a strong team of management staff, various discipline engineers, quality control staff and local inspectors. Therefore my client works in a joint venture with a local company as a local partner.
The Project is the “Conversion of Qurayyah Open Cycle Power Plant to Combined Cycle Power Plant”. The Open Cycle power plant is in operation. Contractor is processing with final works.
The CCPP will consist of 5 units, designed in a 3+1 configuration, with 15 GE Frame 7FA gas turbines. The envisaged final generation capacity will be approximately 3.2 GWel.
The engineering phase for the steam part of the CCPP is currently in progress.
The Contractor is the Consortium of Arabian BEMCO and DOOSAN Heavy Industries.
Due to the specific requirements in Saudi Arabia the contract (local work contract) will be made between my client’s branch Office in Dammam and the Freelance Employee. The payment will be made in Saudi Riyals. Additionally to the monthly salary accommodation in a camp (300 m distance to the site office) and transportation (personal vehicle incl. insurance) on site will be provided free of charge. Also the canteen on site may be used. The contract foresees six weeks vacation per year, which can be taken in 4 portions of two weeks maximum duration. As an extra, our client will provide an economy class return ticket from/to KSA/home for these vacations of up to 1,200 EUR.
Working hours are 10 hours per day and a six-day week.
Our total team will comprise 10 expatriate experts plus approximately 40 local experts.
– Supervision of Site activities such as delivery of material to site, erection, installation, testing and commissioning in close co-operation with and under the supervision of our client’s Site General Manager and client SEC.
– Supervision, scheduling and monitoring of project progress.
– Preparation of inspection reports, progress reports and site correspondence as well as approval of engineering documents, inspection and approval of shipments arriving at site and modifications during the construction phase.
– Factory inspection of equipment at manufacturer and factory acceptance tests.
– Approval of engineering documents and drawings.
– Participation at meetings.
– Resource scheduling and guidance of sub consultant’s inspectors.
– Management and coordination of our client’s mechanical and related QA/QC site staff, approximately 8
– Minimum of ten years of engineering and/or construction and project management experience in power plant projects, at least three years on Senior Engineer level.
– Fluent English, German capabilities are advantageous
– Of utmost importance for all positions besides technical skills are political tact and cultural empathy in order to form a beneficial work climate with the client’s own staff.