Our client has been contracted by the Saudi Electricity Corporation (SEC) for the Qurayyah CCPP as its Consultant. The scope of work comprises amongst others the site supervision with a strong team of management staff, various discipline engineers, quality control staff and local inspectors. Therefore my client works in a joint venture with a local company as a local partner.
The Project is the “Conversion of Qurayyah Open Cycle Power Plant to Combined Cycle Power Plant”. The Open Cycle power plant is in operation. Contractor is processing with final works.
The CCPP will consist of 5 units, designed in a 3+1 configuration, with 15 GE Frame 7FA gas turbines. The envisaged final generation capacity will be approximately 3.2 GWel.
The engineering phase for the steam part of the CCPP is currently in progress.
The Contractor is the Consortium of Arabian BEMCO and DOOSAN Heavy Industries.
Due to the specific requirements in Saudi Arabia the contract (local work contract) will be made between my client’s branch Office in Dammam and the Freelance Employee. The payment will be made in Saudi Riyals. Additionally to the monthly salary accommodation in a camp (300 m distance to the site office) and transportation (personal vehicle incl. insurance) on site will be provided free of charge. Also the canteen on site may be used. The contract foresees six weeks vacation per year, which can be taken in 4 portions of two weeks maximum duration. As an extra, our client will provide an economy class return ticket from/to KSA/home for these vacations of up to 1,200 EUR.
Working hours are 10 hours per day and a six-day week.
Our total team will comprise 10 expatriate experts plus approximately 40 local experts.
– Advise and assist the Client in effective contract interpretation, administration and management as well as in the contract risk assessment.
– Assess contractors’ requests for contract variations for the scope of work and supply and time extensions, and advise and assist the Client in preparing his statements.
– Advise and assist the Client in the change management of contractors’ contracts. Assess and evaluate the contractors’ requirements for contract changes in terms of administrative, substantive and constructive changes.
– Advise and assist the Client in preparing, inviting, evaluating, and negotiating the required bids for additional supply, work and services.
– Assess and evaluate the contractors’ claims, prepare and present technical and contractual findings to the Client to avert such claims.
– Prepare and present technical and contractual findings to the Client for claims toward the contractors’ and advise and assist the Client to enforce such claims.
– Prepare and present technical and contractual findings to the Client for dispute resolution and advise and assist the Client in negotiation, mediation, arbitration and litigation of manufacturing, construction and erection disputes.
– Advise and assist the Client in the evaluation of contractors’ progress reports and in maintaining bar charts summarizing overall subproject progress.
– Advise and assist the Client in the progress payment approval and endorsement of progress payment certificates;
– Keep up-to-date records of all contracts, contract prices, variation orders, claims and completion dates.
– Review all project correspondence to identify potential risks and chances.
– Organization of meetings.
– Advise local staff.
– Master or Bachelor degree (or equivalent)
– Minimum of ten years of engineering and/or construction and project management experience in – power plant projects, at least three years on Contract Manager’s level
– Fluent English, German capabilities are advantageous
– Of utmost importance for the position besides technical skills are political tact and cultural empathy in order to form a beneficial work climate with the client’s own staff.