We are currently dealing with a client working on a large project in KSA. They are looking for a Project Manager (M&E) for a duration of about 12 months, starting in ASAP. The Project comprises of the following measures:
1. PS 1 in Taif City (4 + 2 pumps, Q = 1.3 m3/s, Head 53 bar (37 + 16 bar), (Water from Taif Terminal Reservoirs III/IV & V/VI)
2. AlSudyrah Reservoir and Water Truck Filling Station: 1 Steel Tank 15,000 m3
3. Military Base Tapping Point (1000 m3/d) to the existing 5000 m3 concrete Tank
4. Shugsan Water Tower and Water Truck Filling Station: 2×750 m3
5. Gazail Reservoir and Water Truck Filling Station: 1 Steel Tank 10,000 m3
6. Abo Raka Tapping Point: 30,000 m3/d (Future Extension)
7. Existing PS 1 Arada Tapping Point: 40,000 m3 to existing concrete Tank 11,800 m3
8. Intermediate PS 2 (4 + 2 pumps, Q = 1.3 m3/s, Head 53 bar (40 + 8 bar)
9. New AlMandak Tank: 1 Steel Tank 10,000 m3 plus connection to existing Tank in Arada (11,000 m3)
10. One Way Surge Tank: capacity 120 m3 (Dia: 5 m, H: 10 m)
11. New Al Shahba Tank: 1 Steel Tank 80,000 m3
12. Transmission Main, DN 1000, Steel, Length about 230 km
The EPC Contractor APPCO did hire our client in JV with CEG (Cairo/Riyadh) in order to undertake the Final Detailed Design (based on the Tender Design) to be done within 10 – 12 months starting ASAP.
Our client (with his German Sub-Consultant) is mainly undertaking the Hydraulic Study (Steady State, Transient, etc.) plus HAZOP (risk), while CEG will mainly do beside the design of the pipeline with all accessories (valves, tap off) mainly the design of foundations (Pumping Stations with Electrical Building), while design of superstructures (everything “above ground”) will come from the EPC Contractor.
Our client’s job is beside the a.m. Hydraulic and HAZOP to coordinate the work between APPCO, our client (Sub-Consultant) and CEH and to review Drawings/Documents submitted by APPCO, LI’s Sub Consultant and CEG and to be upfront (responsible) to the Client.
The PM will have support by:
Deputy Project Manager Cairo and Business Development in KSA (he will sit part time in Cairo within the offices of CEG to check progress of CEG together with you), around 5 MM Hydraulic Expert, 1 MM, Home Office and in KSA for meetings with Client.
We would provide accommodation in Riyadh (where the Contractor recommends to use his compound with all facilities like swimming pool, tennis, etc. and social life, 20 minutes from APPCO) Transport/car within KSA will be provided by APPCO including flights inside KSA to the sites. The office will be within APPCO and CEG
Regular quarterly meetings are to be made in Germany and in KSA together with the Client.
Regular monthly trips are to be made to Cairo to check progress of CEG Cairo.